Arthur Chance
post Sep 4 2017, 11:49
Post #21

Junior
Group Icon

Group: SNL
Member No.: 3,297

QUOTE (Lord_of_The_Rinks @ Sep 4 2017, 12:32 ) *
But who would we have played as the other 3 teams all had games organised already this weekend? As for face off times the Ice rink only has so much ice time available and we only have the once ice Pad so............

No, I'm not having any of that, sorry!

This Scottish cup weekend was announced 2nd June, so must have been planned by the end of May. That's long before any teams had any fixtures organised, so you're wrong to say it couldn't have been put on at the weekend there.

As for the face-off times, if you're going up against football then say 5.15pm and 8pm could have worked for the two semi-finals.

Of course, If it's on a weekend of no football (So When Scotland are playing!!!) then the face off times don't matter so much. Although, Even then 2pm is ridiculously early for the first game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Sep 4 2017, 13:57
Post #22

EPL
Group Icon

Group: EIHL
Member No.: 1,062

QUOTE (Arthur Chance @ Sep 4 2017, 12:49 ) *
This Scottish cup weekend was announced 2nd June, so must have been planned by the end of May. That's long before any teams had any fixtures organised, so you're wrong to say it couldn't have been put on at the weekend there.

If you think they, and the rest of the League, havent discussed fixtures well in advance of the 'fixtures meeting', you're being highly naive.

There's plenty of fans, of all teams, who are foregoing their football teams to go to this weekend. Unfortunately, you're not one of them and thats understandable.

QUOTE (Arthur Chance @ Sep 4 2017, 12:49 ) *
As for the face-off times, if you're going up against football then say 5.15pm and 8pm could have worked for the two semi-finals.

If there's overtime in both games? Dont fancy it would encourage families to come when you could be leaving close, or past, Midnight, with those face off times. And not to mention, the rink will have had a say in what the faceoff time would be as well.

Clearly the times are bit tight with Hearts playing at Murrayfield, but I wouldnt be blaming the four teams when Ms Budge forgot to hit 'checkout' on the seats for the new stand. That said, it causes little issue when Scotland are playing at home, I doubt it'll cause too many issues with a crowd half the size.

+Quote Post
racerkel
post Sep 8 2017, 14:34
Post #23

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

Good and sensible decision to sell single game tickets. I now look forward to the Caps match tomorrow and glad I haven't paid £30.

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Sep 8 2017, 15:15
Post #24

EPL
Group Icon

QUOTE (racerkel @ Sep 8 2017, 15:34 ) *
Good and sensible decision to sell single game tickets. I now look forward to the Caps match tomorrow and glad I haven't paid £30.

Plenty who have already paid for the weekend, seem to disagree its a 'good and sensible decision'.

Easy to see both sides of the argument tbf.

+Quote Post
racerkel
post Sep 8 2017, 15:37
Post #25

Junior
Group Icon

That's why I added the ironic £30 comment!

+Quote Post
gibby
post Sep 8 2017, 15:37
Post #26

Junior
Group Icon

Group: Junior
Member No.: 2,576

I think it is a good idea to have single game tickets and will now attend at least 1 caps game but that decision should have happened to start with. There will be a lot of people who have bought weekend of day tickets that would have only went to see their own teams games not happy now and I can't blame them as I wouldn't be happy either.

I take it this decision means ticket sales were poor.

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Sep 8 2017, 15:40
Post #27

EPL
Group Icon

QUOTE (racerkel @ Sep 8 2017, 16:37 ) *
That's why I added the ironic £30 comment!

Indeed. I was expanding the conversation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
McCaps
post Sep 9 2017, 14:06
Post #28

SNL
Group Icon

Group: EPL
Member No.: 263

sorry if ive missedit but is there webcasts avalible for the Scottish Cup ?

+Quote Post
KT Glitz
post Sep 9 2017, 19:06
Post #29

Never forget your dreams
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (McCaps @ Sep 9 2017, 15:06 ) *
sorry if ive missedit but is there webcasts avalible for the Scottish Cup ?

Sadly there are no webcasts this weekend

+Quote Post
McCaps
post Sep 9 2017, 19:25
Post #30

SNL
Group Icon

Group: EPL
Member No.: 263

QUOTE (KT Glitz @ Sep 9 2017, 20:06 ) *
Sadly there are no webcasts this weekend

well thats a lost revenue ! ive got 3 kids and an adult looking forward to seeing tonights game ..

+Quote Post
racerkel
post Sep 9 2017, 19:35
Post #31

Junior
Group Icon

QUOTE (racerkel @ Sep 8 2017, 15:34 ) *

After that 3rd period shambles I disown that comment.

+Quote Post
Arthur Chance
post Sep 9 2017, 21:06
Post #32

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,297

QUOTE (racerkel @ Sep 9 2017, 20:35 ) *
After that 3rd period shambles I disown that comment.

What happened in the 3rd period ?

+Quote Post
racerkel
post Sep 9 2017, 21:09
Post #33

Junior
Group Icon

We just weren't at the races in the 3rd.

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Sep 9 2017, 22:22
Post #34

EPL
Group Icon

QUOTE (McCaps @ Sep 9 2017, 20:25 ) *
well thats a lost revenue ! ive got 3 kids and an adult looking forward to seeing tonights game ..

Take that up with the Elite League.

+Quote Post
Alan D
post Sep 10 2017, 09:32
Post #35

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,020

I think the poor attendances at both games yesterday highlights the mistake of selling only daily or weekend tickets up until the last few days, sadly no webcast either, another missed opportunity to widen the audience.

We all know people have limited funds available, so why put added pressure on that by insisting daily/weekend tickets. Add to that the travelling expenses, food and any additional purchases in the rink. Many kids regularly attend games at every rink but not only would that be costly for this weekend, but how many kids want to sit in an ice rink for over 6 hours?

Many fans, although they appreciate the game, only want to see their team, so the option, until the last minute, was pay for both games and only watch your own teams game or watch another game you had no real interest in. As for today, I am a Capitals supporter and bought a weekend ticket well in advance, but I, no doubt like many others, have no appetite to watch a 3rd & 4place play off game that I think will be no more than a training session for both teams as neither will want to risk injuries or suspensions in what is a meaningless game. It is also the 3rd Capitals v Dundee game in 8 days.

Hopefully lessons will be learned for next season and individual match tickets available from the start, as well as daily and weekend tickets for those that want them, and hopefully a webcast too.

Aalso disappointed that there is no merchandise available for this event.

This post has been edited by Alan D: Sep 10 2017, 09:35

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Sep 10 2017, 09:58
Post #36

EPL
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alan D @ Sep 10 2017, 10:32 ) *
I think the poor attendances at both games yesterday highlights the mistake of selling only daily or weekend tickets up until the last few days, sadly no webcast either, another missed opportunity to widen the audience.

There's been chat that 3 teams were more than happy to have a webcast but one wasnt (and it was pulled after being briefly advertised during the week). I'll leave you to decide who the one was.

QUOTE (Alan D @ Sep 10 2017, 10:32 ) *
We all know people have limited funds available, so why put added pressure on that by insisting daily/weekend tickets. Add to that the travelling expenses, food and any additional purchases in the rink.

Correct. I didnt go because I couldnt afford a whole day ticket and by the time the single game tickets were available, I'd already made other plans. I suspect there were many others in the same situation. Unfortunately, organisation and the Elite League dont go together.

+Quote Post
Colin Towns
post Sep 11 2017, 22:49
Post #37

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,712

I couldn't make Saturday but went to both games on Sunday. I enjoyed my day out. The Caps game was reasonably competitive given it was a third place play off and my first chance to see this year's team, the Clan Flyers game was very entertaining with good atmosphere as it had a higher attendance.

I agree price was an issue: single game tickets advertised earlier might have helped attendance, but all in all it was a fun day and I would go again if it's held next year. The most awkward part was trying to work out who to cheer for in the final, I couldn't decide so stayed on the fence.

+Quote Post
coloradoflyer
post Sep 12 2017, 08:12
Post #38

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,636

QUOTE (Colin Towns @ Sep 11 2017, 23:49 ) *
I couldn't make Saturday but went to both games on Sunday. I enjoyed my day out. The Caps game was reasonably competitive given it was a third place play off and my first chance to see this year's team, the Clan Flyers game was very entertaining with good atmosphere as it had a higher attendance.

I agree price was an issue: single game tickets advertised earlier might have helped attendance, but all in all it was a fun day and I would go again if it's held next year. The most awkward part was trying to work out who to cheer for in the final, I couldn't decide so stayed on the fence.

fife hosting it next year , then Dundee then clan

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2017 - 15:53