IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Guidelines
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Time to Speak to the fans, Its time for the Capitals owners to speak to the fans.
McCaps
post Feb 12 2018, 12:19
Post #21

SNL
Group Icon

Group: EPL
Member No.: 263

QUOTE (grazza @ Feb 11 2018, 23:36 ) *
Does anyone know when play off weekend money is dished out the clubs do they need to be confirmed as participating the next year to get it? I would expect the league board if not already at next meeting would be having a frank conversation with Caps management and unless new ownership with proven funds and credibility comes forward they should not be allowed to continue. Would not be shocked it behind the scenes they are looking to see if there is another team that could step in if required. I think Caps must be only team now that has a forum like this linked to their official site can't be good reading for current or potential sponsors.

THIS !!

Time fo an update Scott/George, the way you are treating fans is nothing short of disgraful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LightningCap
post Feb 12 2018, 12:45
Post #22

Junior
Group Icon

Group: SNL
Member No.: 57,656

QUOTE (MMM @ Feb 12 2018, 11:54 ) *
I don't think it will be the Caps last season - it should be, but it won't - The club will struggle through to the end of the current campaign, nothing at all will come from "management" until a few weeks after the playoff finals.
A statement will then be issued apologising to fans for the lack of information provided throughout the winter. A weak, non explained reason will be blamed for that of course. One which we will have no option but to believe.
The club will then say they are looking to the future with a new management structure in place with the problems of recent months put behind them and of course a new era for the club is well underway.
The owner whoever that will be will then promise that lessons have been learned and that more clarity, more information, better communication with the loyal, hardcore fan base will be the new norm.
Those fans of course will be heralded as the reason hockey exists in the city and are the best in the league! That's when the begging will start. Come get your season ticket, re-new now, early bird blah blah blah.
The season ticket money collected will be used to build the strongest, most competitive team the Club can ice with a spot in the playoff finals being the ultimate goal for YOUR all new Edinburgh Capitals!

Read it here first!

This isn't your first rodeo MMM

+Quote Post
Alan D
post Feb 12 2018, 16:57
Post #23

Junior
Group Icon

Group: Junior
Member No.: 3,020

QUOTE (McCaps @ Feb 12 2018, 12:19 ) *
THIS !!

Time fo an update Scott/George, the way you are treating fans is nothing short of disgraful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Despite promises of statements, better communication etc sadly nothing changes, but they still expect our support despite all that has happened, disgraceful doesn't start to describe how many of us feel about the current Capitals organisation. After witnessing so many successful years with the Racers it is so sad to see the current state of the Capitals and their treatment of their long suffering supporters.

In response to MMM, there are only so many times an organisation can apologise for their mistakes and promise lessons will be learned then ask for future support. I think that time has come for most of the regular Capitals fans. This season we have witnessed quite a few regulars drift away, some saying they won't be back no matter what happens while others will wait & see. No matter the sport, teams go through spells of highs and lows but apart from one 6th place finish from a 10 team league its always been a bottom 3 finish, and not a single trophy or conference win after all these years, so how can they possibly justify the statement below on the website.
"Since their inaugural season in 1998, the club has continued to hit new levels. Superstar players have come and gone, however the club is always looking forward, continually improving season by season.
"

The Capitals are not a good advert for the Elite League, and I will be very surprised firstly if the Capitals want to play in the Elite League but even more surprised if the league were to allow such a shambolic organisation to continue and devalue their product.

As always, I would be only too happy for Scott, George or anyone from the Capitals to correct me if I am wrong, but like everyone else who posts on here, I do not expect any response from any of them

+Quote Post
Addictedtohockey
post Feb 14 2018, 13:55
Post #24

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,562

We used to attend every game, had family season tickets, sponsored jerseys, and bought merchandise but we haven’t been to a game for years now. I still follow (but not so assiduously as before) what’s happening at the Caps but now feel I’m becoming like a car crash observer.
We gave up on giving the Caps our cash after the season where Kim (I think that was his name) was acquired for the team and did really well; except it turned out he’d only been contracted for 3 months, which wasn’t what the fans had been led to believe. He left in the December and fans demanded a meeting. It wasn’t forthcoming but folk kept pushing and eventually we had a meeting which was well attended. I think I still have it all on a digital recorder. There were queries about how people had been influenced to buy season tickets by the publicity about the acquisition of Kim, but nowhere had it been mentioned that it was a short term contract. Scott told us at that point that the season ticket money was used to pay off the previous season’s creditors! He also told us that moves were afoot which would lead to a major change in the club and much more investment but still the fans had to put in money to help pay for a bus to get the players to away games!
I believe this was the season where it was nip and tuck as to whether the game worn jerseys would arrive in time to be game worn. That was also a load of lies about being let down by suppliers, then Customs, when in actual fact they hadn’t even been ordered.
There were questions at that point about why bank accounts were changing for ticket payments etc and research showed that various Caps related companies had been wound up voluntarily on and off .
Anyway, upshot is, despite having donated large amounts of household goods for the players during Doug’s era, put lots of hard earned cash into the clubs coffers, and travelling to home games is dire weather, we decided to cut our losses because we were completely fed up with being treated like some idiot cash cow by management. Lies have been spouted then contradicted, denied, amended and then supporters just ignored when it’s too much effort to come up with information.
I miss the hockey and the atmosphere but not the lies and deception.

+Quote Post
Simon
post Feb 14 2018, 16:43
Post #25

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

If ever there was a need for a 'Like' button on this forum, this post from Addictedtohockey is it!

Sums up the situation very well, and is pretty much a mirror for my experiences, albeit without the donating of household goods. This isn't a new scenario for the Capitals, the same bollox is being repeated season after season.

+Quote Post
Alan D
post Feb 14 2018, 18:22
Post #26

Junior
Group Icon

QUOTE (Addictedtohockey @ Feb 14 2018, 13:55 ) *
We used to attend every game, had family season tickets, sponsored jerseys, and bought merchandise.

How many other people does this apply to? The Capitals have been losing fans who were prepared to put a fair amount of money per season to support the team for a long time. Thanks to many years of false promises, gross financial mismanagement and an organisation that treats its support with utter contempt the number of fans going through the exit door at Murrayfield never to return grows week by week. As a fan / observer I make my judgement on what I see & hear coming from the Capitals management which is absolutely nothing. From this I can only assume they believe we have no right to know anything so intend telling us nothing but expect us to continue to support this shambolic organisation.

Like Addictedto hockey, I also intend to find alternatives to my Sunday night hockey fix. Sadly I paid upfront for my season ticket so I might attend a few games before the end of the season, maybe not. Unless there is a completely new group running the Capitals next year, if there is a Capitals team, with no input from current owners I will be joining those calling it a day with Murrayfield.

QUOTE (Simon @ Feb 14 2018, 16:43 ) *
If ever there was a need for a 'Like' button on this forum, this post from Addictedtohockey is it!

Maybe we should start a new page on Facebook "Disgruntled Capitals Supporters" or "Former Capitals Supporters"
As there are fewer and fewer people using the Forum now, a page on Facebook would probably get far better publicity.

+Quote Post
LightningCap
post Feb 15 2018, 10:57
Post #27

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 57,656

I've been claiming I've lost loads of money but supporting the Caps the last couple of seasons....but I must say I've been recouping some of that recently by betting against them. Thanks to a late flurry of goals last night my Steelers -4.5 goals bet came in right at the death!

+Quote Post
McCaps
post Feb 15 2018, 12:44
Post #28

SNL
Group Icon

Group: EPL
Member No.: 263

QUOTE (Alan D @ Feb 14 2018, 18:22 ) *
How many other people does this apply to?

Defo me and my Dad. We used to go to EVERY home game and a lot of away games but after Doug left we seen all this coming and have literally been to a handful of games since.

I probably won't be returning especially with all this crap happening

+Quote Post
MMM
post Feb 15 2018, 13:14
Post #29

EIHL
Group Icon

Group: NHL
Member No.: 8

Same, I haven't been for years. I refused to return after the owner stated he was no longer willing to invest his own cash in his own the club.
Three month contracts, inadequate players, price increases, "gold" zone seatings. It has been farce after farce ever since.

I continued to follow the scores from afar but I felt happy that I didn't waste time or cash travelling through to Murrayfield.
I haven been to any games anywhere ever since. I also refuse to go sit in Braehead, Fife or Dundee as they are still regarded as my enemy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
fifeflyers23
post Feb 17 2018, 12:03
Post #30

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 892

you don't run a business for 12 plus years, if your not making good money. someone has done well out of it, pity about those who have lost out.

+Quote Post
Alan D
post Feb 17 2018, 12:19
Post #31

Junior
Group Icon

Edinburgh Capitals would like to thank Milton Keynes Lightning for their co-operation this week when they agreed to change their jerseys in the lead up to the game that took place this Thursday.

With the Capitals playing 4 games in 5 days we believed all logistics were covered, but a miscommunication meant we had the wrongcolour jerseys for the Lightning fixture.

As such we would like to apologise to all Lightning fans as we know you were expecting to see your team wearing their special Valentines jerseys. We appreciate the Lightning organisation assisting us on Thursday.

We have loved welcoming the travelling Lightning fans to our building this year and would like to apologise sincerely for this unfortunate mishap.

Edinburgh Capitals

Only right the Capitals apologise for the miscommunication to Milton Keynes & their fans, but where is the explanation or apology to the long suffering Capitals fans for the events of this season, the silence on that is deafening. After all its the Capitals fans that keep ploughing money into an organisation we don't even know who owns.

Do the decent thing for once, apologise to your own fans and give us some kind of explanation for the events of this season.

+Quote Post
Ice-cap13
post Feb 17 2018, 13:36
Post #32

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,461

Well said Alan D. Getting angrier by the minute with all the crap we have put up with.

+Quote Post
MMM
post Feb 17 2018, 14:21
Post #33

EIHL
Group Icon

Group: NHL
Member No.: 8

Sheer cheek to issue a statement and an apology for a one off error to a rival club and fans but they can't say a single thing to those who support the Caps.

The club should be embarrassed but they obviously don't do being embarrassed.

+Quote Post
JDB
post Feb 17 2018, 18:05
Post #34

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 619

While on the subject of Milton Keynes Lightning, I see 10 days ago the Club hosted an event for supporters entitled "Meet the Management". The event was held in front of a packed house at their local Holiday Inn and by all accounts was very successful. If the Capitals were to hold a similar meeting, I'm sure it would equally be packed out if for no other reason than for us to find out who the heck the Management are !!

+Quote Post
val
post Feb 17 2018, 20:43
Post #35

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,206

the sheer cheek of such a grovelling apology whilst months ignoring fans must surely be the hardest punch in the face for even the most diehard fan. I noticed there was a meeting of the clubs last Tuesday. I would like to think a word was had in the Caps reps ear. This is such a bad advert for the league it as a body must be wearing thin of the incompetence operating in Edinburgh. I suspect Mr Neil must has the keys to a closet of bones. Ach not to worry.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 04:04