Alan D
post Nov 29 2017, 23:04
Post #41

Junior
Group Icon

Group: Junior
Member No.: 3,020

QUOTE (val @ Nov 29 2017, 20:57 ) *
Despite the fact that the club were daft enough to issue a statement about issuing a statement it nothing to with anyone other than shareholders and creditors.The bare facts are you buy a service from the company, if the service is not to your liking you don't buy, end of.

Sorry but I disagree with you Val, firstly it was the club that said they would issue a statement last week, and like so many times in the past have failed to honour their promise.

As well as shareholders and creditors, season ticket holders, shirt sponsors, personal & business sponsors have all invested in the club. The majority of those people, myself included have done so for many years, not for any financial gain but because of our love of the sport and the club. Many of us travel a fair distance to get to Murrayfield and many also alter their work pattern to allow them to attend matches, added to that some fans hand pick away games to travel to and plan these trips in advance so it is only fair to treat every single fan with respect.

PR has never been great at Murrayfield and I acknowledge not all of a businesses dealings can or should be made public but even a general statement from Scott letting us know if we will have a team at Murrayfield until the end of the season would be welcome.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
McCaps
post Nov 30 2017, 07:09
Post #42

SNL
Group Icon

Group: EPL
Member No.: 263

QUOTE (val @ Nov 29 2017, 20:57 ) *
The bare facts are you buy a service from the company, if the service is not to your liking you don't buy, end of. Nobody unaffected has any reason to be told anything.

But when your in trouble with HMRC, possibly tax avoidance ? Which I'm led to believe after looking at the court order to wind up then it VERY much effects us.

If I didn't pay tax or national insurance and used the NHS I'd be slated !!

Unless I'm wrong but I'll wait for a statement about an upcoming PR about an upcoming PR.

How are we still legally trading as a company ???

The way this has been handled is shocking. I'll not be following this joke of a hockey team again.

1998 - 2018 RIP Caps....

+Quote Post
val
post Nov 30 2017, 09:00
Post #43

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,206

The club shouldn't have issued the first statement. By creditors I do mean anyone who will lose out financially if the club folds. If you have no financial involvement other than past investment then it has nothing to do with you, you can still buy the services the business offers.
There seems to be a bit of Chinese whispers going around regarding the reason for the order. I do not want to see club fold but if it an unviable business it will, or become a rich persons hobby. I do think it is time for SN to move on though, it might be his baby but he does hold the club back in a lot of ways and is too stubborn to see it.
If George Ferdinando is indeed the MD of a newco then I fear for the club more than SN. SN will bleed him dry and George`s ego is so big he wont see it coming. Ive seen this before with a first division football club, guy comes into a bit of cash and suddenly he`s the club owners best friend.

+Quote Post
fifeflyers23
post Nov 30 2017, 10:39
Post #44

Junior
Group Icon

Group: SNL
Member No.: 892

How can business still trade, (take fans money ) if its wound up? where does that money go to?... How does this all work ?

+Quote Post
gav212
post Nov 30 2017, 11:07
Post #45

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 57,634

QUOTE (val @ Nov 30 2017, 09:00 ) *
By creditors I do mean anyone who will lose out financially if the club folds. If you have no financial involvement other than past investment then it has nothing to do with you, you can still buy the services the business offers.

Sorry but I think you're well off the mark. If that's the stance the club take as well then I wont be back.

This whole thing is growing arms and legs because the club won't do anything to quell rumours fuelled by information freely in the public domain.

Supporters, especially those couple of hundred die hards that have stuck by the team through thin and thinner have a significant investment in the club and are the primary ongoing source of revenue. Treat them with contempt at your peril.

I don't want to see the club fold for the sake of those supporters mentioned above, it would be heart-breaking for them. If it does happen though, it will be by no means surprising, if it's not now, it's inevitable shortly if the club continues along it's current unsustainable path.

+Quote Post
coloradoflyer
post Nov 30 2017, 11:23
Post #46

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,636

no one wants to see clubs fold or go to the wall, someone from the club needs to come out say something to ease the fans minds or just lay it on the line so they know what is coming

+Quote Post
gav212
post Nov 30 2017, 11:32
Post #47

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 57,634

QUOTE (coloradoflyer @ Nov 30 2017, 11:23 ) *
no one wants to see clubs fold or go to the wall, someone from the club needs to come out say something to ease the fans minds or just lay it on the line so they know what is coming

You would think that would be little to ask wouldn't you? Even that level of courtesy seems beyond them.

+Quote Post
coloradoflyer
post Nov 30 2017, 12:45
Post #48

Junior
Group Icon

it's basic communication it must be hard times that scott neill going through Edinburgh ice hockey is in the mans blood but someone simply has to come out and tell the fans who have stuck with club for so long what is going on, don't promise something if you can't deliver on it

+Quote Post
MMM
post Nov 30 2017, 13:06
Post #49

EIHL
Group Icon

Group: NHL
Member No.: 8

In the past fans have helped to fund buses that players have used to travel to games on ( despite this fans weren't allowed to use the loo on the bus in case moving around disturbed sleeping players)
They have given up personal belongings e.g donated TVs in small gestures to help make players stay a little more comfortable.
Others have donated time, written articles for the match night programme, looked after the website and so on and on.
They don't deserve to be kept informed of what is happening to the club?? They might not have significantly invested cash in the club but could the Caps exist without them? Probably not.

The club spoke to the fans and said a statement was due - maybe the hold up is that the new owners don't speak English and we're waiting on translation?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by MMM: Nov 30 2017, 13:07

+Quote Post
JDB
post Nov 30 2017, 20:59
Post #50

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 619

QUOTE (val @ Nov 30 2017, 09:00 ) *
If George Ferdinando is indeed the MD of a newco then I fear for the club more than SN.

In the absence of any promised "full statement", we can only presume the above is the "new legal structure" referred to by the Club in their update a couple of weeks ago. On 30th October, a new company called Cool House Marketing Limited was incorporated with George Ferdinando as the sole director and shareholder. The classification given for the Company's proposed activities is Section R (entertainment) and the SIC number 93199 (other sports activities). Maybe this is all just a coincidence ?

+Quote Post
coloradoflyer
post Dec 1 2017, 08:21
Post #51

Junior
Group Icon

noticed this has been added.

CAPITALS HOCKEY LIMITED

Company number NI607910

Follow this company File for this company

Company Overviewfor CAPITALS HOCKEY LIMITED (NI607910)

Filing historyfor CAPITALS HOCKEY LIMITED (NI607910)

Peoplefor CAPITALS HOCKEY LIMITED (NI607910)

Insolvencyfor CAPITALS HOCKEY LIMITED (NI607910)

1 Insolvency case

Case number 1 — Compulsory liquidation

Petition date11 September 2017Commencement of winding up16 November 2017
Practitioner The Official Receiver Or Belfast
Fermanagh House Ormeau Avenue, Belfast, County Antrim, BT2 8NJ

+Quote Post
McCaps
post Dec 2 2017, 06:51
Post #52

SNL
Group Icon

So the PR is what a week overdue ? The EIHL board meeting has happened and yet nothing from the club to inform the fans.

Shocking way to run a business

+Quote Post
coloradoflyer
post Dec 5 2017, 14:46
Post #53

Junior
Group Icon

so if you dig a wee bit,

mr tailford quits the caps,

if you look on the website tailford meats family run and he is there, also interesting Richard hartmann and the supposed name said on here about a new holding company and director George ferdinando. hhmmmm is this no a bit sus

https://www.tailfordmeats.co.uk/

This post has been edited by coloradoflyer: Dec 5 2017, 14:47

+Quote Post
McCaps
post Dec 6 2017, 07:23
Post #54

SNL
Group Icon

At last !!! A P.R !!!!

From another club........
Here

This is beyond a joke.

Due to the handling of this I won't make an appearance at Murrayfield or purchase any future webcasts.

Can't believe I just said that but the club is a disgrace the way they treat the fans "YOUR Edinburgh Capitals" aye right 😡

+Quote Post
val
post Dec 6 2017, 08:33
Post #55

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,206

That's a report in a Fife newspaper, hardly a PR from the Caps
Whilst I think the Caps management should be conducting their business in private and I`ll repeat my stance that its nothing to do with those with no direct
financial input, the club are now making a complete cod of the fans with the lack of any info after declaring (wrongly imo) that they would keep us informed.
I get around and I'm hearing from the Braehead Clan boys that Neil Black is paying the Caps wages, unfortunately George Ferdinando has been reported to have put his house up
as collateral for his new company to get credit facilities, Season ticket holder may have been asked to change their DD to Cool House ( I wouldn't, i`d see that as a getout to keep my cash as no contract with CH)
have to laugh at the whole Tailford thing. Tailford resigns from Caps, Hartmann coach of a rival team where their seems to be more info coming from than Caps. An ex shop assistant suddenly
"owns" a holding company that now appears to include the company his boss once owned. You couldn't make this up. Of course it may be that a rich man is using the club as a tax loss and quite happy to see the team playing in front of two men and a dog.
However this is a bit of speculation and could grow further arms and legs to the point nobody will believe any PR the club eventually produce.
I call on the owners to sort one out asap before more skeletons fall out the cupboard. That is assuming they have got a grasp on whats actually going on in what appears to be a bit of a power struggle

This post has been edited by val: Dec 6 2017, 08:37

+Quote Post
MMM
post Dec 6 2017, 13:03
Post #56

EIHL
Group Icon

Group: NHL
Member No.: 8

All the fans should stay away every single one of them! A protest at how things have gone this season off the ice AND for all the rubbish they've had to endure for years and years!
Actually maybe not stay away entirely to begin with. Turn up late and wait for the game to start then take a further ten minutes more outside and then enter. You know a warning.
If nothing changes then don't bother turning up for the next home game. Save your money.

That is the only way anybody involved with running the club will take any notice!

+Quote Post
coloradoflyer
post Dec 6 2017, 14:17
Post #57

Junior
Group Icon

post on the flyers forum

George Ferdinando is indeed the Director of Cool House and has been associated with sponsorship of the Caps for a little while, he has put his home on the line in order to raise funds for this project

Read more: http://flyersforum.co.uk/thread/2302/caps?...3#ixzz50UTGMANV

+Quote Post
McCaps
post Dec 6 2017, 18:59
Post #58

SNL
Group Icon

QUOTE (coloradoflyer @ Dec 6 2017, 14:17 ) *
post on the flyers forum

George Ferdinando is indeed the Director of Cool House and has been associated with sponsorship of the Caps for a little while, he has put his home on the line in order to raise funds for this project

Read more: http://flyersforum.co.uk/thread/2302/caps?...3#ixzz50UTGMANV

More like George let players stay in his house rent free, to save the caps rent payments.

I'm sure a player even mentioned the players in all accomodation have to pay there own utilities etc. That is not the way to treat professional athletes....

Scott Neil is using him.

+Quote Post
fifeflyers23
post Yesterday, 16:03
Post #59

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 892

The saga continues, never mind when they want your money, am sure you will hear plenty ,,

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:23