coloradoflyer
post Apr 13 2017, 08:29
Post #1

Junior
Group Icon

Group: SNL
Member No.: 3,636

Flyers have released the following this morning on the website:

As you may be aware, at present the structure and format for the 2017/18 EIHL season has not been finalised.
We will be attending the April EIHL Board meeting at the end of this month, where the format for next season will be discussed, and we hope to be able to make plans from there, regarding our future.
We will not be in a position to release Season Ticket information or look at fixtures and scheduling until after the April Board Meeting and discussions with all 12 teams have taken place.
We will release an update following the April EIHL meeting.
Thank you for your patience and support during this time.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Apr 13 2017, 13:16
Post #2

EPL
Group Icon

Group: EIHL
Member No.: 1,062

Dundee have just released a similar statement.

Hope we all enjoyed EIHL hockey. Looks like we'll not be seeing it again.

+Quote Post
gibby
post Apr 13 2017, 20:57
Post #3

Junior
Group Icon

Group: Junior
Member No.: 2,576

Going by the rumours the caps are in the same boat. All to do with the conference set up. Think fife, Dundee and caps want 3 conferences of 4 teams. I really hope this isn't the way the league goes as it's hard enough watching the same teams all the time. Although I understand the reason for the conference due to travel (I'm not a fan and would just have the league with no conference games) it would really need to be 2x6 with Belfast coming in beside us although I can't see Belfast liking that or SN liking the extra travel. A wee statement from someone at our club would be good if we are indeed in any sort of limbo.

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Apr 15 2017, 09:46
Post #4

EPL
Group Icon

QUOTE (gibby @ Apr 13 2017, 21:57 ) *
(I'm not a fan and would just have the league with no conference games)

That is Neil Black's preference, as he said at the Fans Forum, though he openly admitted there are massive logistical issues with this, mainly either having too many (66) or too few (44) games and it would lead to never being able to have a longer playoff format, something he, and it appears a majority of fans, would like.

This latest spat isn't just to do with the conferences, going by whats being said in other places. Some of the rumours being floated about, I'm not surprised the three are a bit peed off. What is interesting is despite the club coming out with a statement 'against', the majority of Clan fans (on social media and other outlets) appear to be backing the other 3 for standing up for their interests.

+Quote Post
Alan D
post Apr 15 2017, 11:33
Post #5

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,020

Come on Capitals, how about a bit of courtesy towards your long suffering fans that have stood by you not just this season but throughout the time in the EIHL and at the very least issue a statement of your intentions for next season. I would fully expect it to be along similar lines to Fife & Dundee but the no statement leaves the door open to all sorts of speculation and rumour.

This season saw a lot of good hockey, but sadly not consistently and often only for short periods in games and the final result was the same as many previous seasons, bottom of the league. At last seasons fans forum, the Elite League said they were not there to assist any club and Scott knew what was required. This season there was a marked improvement in the standard of several imports and the whole team remained together for the season, but as supporters we are also looking for an improvement on the season ending position.

If the Capitals are in the same position as Dundee and Fife, a statement would be good but it would also be fair on supporters to let them know if the club has already decided to drop Elite League hockey and are looking at alternative options.

+Quote Post
Colin Towns
post Apr 16 2017, 09:38
Post #6

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,712

Have we published anything about season tickets for next season? I don't think we have, which means we are in the same position as Dundee and Fife, waiting for the board meeting.

I'm not too surprised (although mildly disappointed) about the lack of communication, but the same happened last year post season when we all thought a statement from the club would be helpful.

Who knows where this will end up?

This post has been edited by Colin Towns: Apr 16 2017, 09:38

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Apr 16 2017, 14:45
Post #7

EPL
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alan D @ Apr 15 2017, 12:33 ) *
Come on Capitals, how about a bit of courtesy towards your long suffering fans that have stood by you not just this season but throughout the time in the EIHL and at the very least issue a statement of your intentions for next season. I would fully expect it to be along similar lines to Fife & Dundee but the no statement leaves the door open to all sorts of speculation and rumour.

Whilst I wouldnt have minded some kind of statement, the statements put out by Fife and Dundee led to all kinds of speculation and rumour. Both were statements intended to show some kind of unhappiness but they were vague enough to create mystique, that has led to various kind of rumour and supposition, a lot of which has not been helpful in the slightest. Furthermore, with various parts of the media and Braehead (by inference) saying we're involved, I'm not too sure another vague statement would add much to the discussion, so I can certainly understand why the club havent as yet.

At last seasons fans forum, the Elite League said they were not there to assist any club and Scott knew what was required.

And yet a good number of the rumours is that the 3 teams are unhappy that certain teams have been given assistance by the League.

but it would also be fair on supporters to let them know if the club has already decided to drop Elite League hockey and are looking at alternative options.

I think its pretty obvious no decision has been made about the future and its entirely dependent on the outcome of the EIHL Board Meeting at the end of the month. Its perfectly understandable why no comment has been made on this, simply because there is 'nothing to report' until 28th April.

+Quote Post
Alan D
post Apr 17 2017, 17:47
Post #8

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,020

Giving fans any information has never been a strong point of the Capitals so it's really no surprise the Capitals have made no statement and the lack of promotions for season tickets indicates they are undecided about next season. Their lack of any press release has only led people to speculate they are in a similar position to Fife & Dundee. Out of courtesy to the supporters, the club could have said they are awaiting the EIHL meeting at the end of the month to decide which direction they will be going in the future.

After all, I'll bet as soon as they have decided what's happening next season, they won't waste any time promoting season tickets and sponsorship deals.

+Quote Post
coloradoflyer
post Apr 19 2017, 07:20
Post #9

Junior
Group Icon

Group: SNL
Member No.: 3,636

seems the EPL is now doomed as the remaining 7 clubs have been told to apply for the NIHL as the new league they were trying to set up is a no go just now

+Quote Post
Chester Hamilton
post Apr 19 2017, 08:10
Post #10

EPL
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alan D @ Apr 17 2017, 18:47 ) *
Giving fans any information has never been a strong point of the Capitals so it's really no surprise the Capitals have made no statement and the lack of promotions for season tickets indicates they are undecided about next season. Their lack of any press release has only led people to speculate they are in a similar position to Fife & Dundee. Out of courtesy to the supporters, the club could have said they are awaiting the EIHL meeting at the end of the month to decide which direction they will be going in the future.

After all, I'll bet as soon as they have decided what's happening next season, they won't waste any time promoting season tickets and sponsorship deals.

While agreed, after the news the PIHL has went POP already, I can further understand why the Caps have not released a statement. The previous statements now look a bit like sabre rattling for the sake of it. Its EIHL or heehaw by the looks of things.

Its not the first time the ST's have been very late and that was before when there wasnt an issue with rumours of what league we'd be in! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2017 - 06:11