> Caps v Clan
racerkel
post Mar 26 2017, 21:22
Post #1

Junior
Group Icon

Group: SNL
Member No.: 1,209

Just came up short again -- we've done that quite a lot this year. Thanks to all the players .they all seemed to give 100% every game and I thought we had the best group of players for some years. Good luck to you all and hopefully some players will come back to give us a bit of consistency.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5on3
post Mar 27 2017, 19:54
Post #2

Junior
Group Icon

Group: Junior
Member No.: 57,674

Thought we played quite well but, as you say, we were just edged out in yet another close contest. It is quite telling that in each of the final four home games (Fife, Nottingham, Nottingham, Braehead) we were beaten by a single goal.

Pleased with the effort though. Shame that we didn't end with the win that would snap the losing streak home or away but can't fault the effort and application. I must say I feared the worst when we lost to Dundee that the rest of the season would just peter out. Results may have done, but not performances.

We scored three very good goals last night, but the two Beca ones were incredibly disappointing and symptomatic of our defensive struggles all year. Fully, as usual, was outstanding. We hit the post twice and they did once so the game may have been very different.

Pleased that Schultz in particular ends with a goal and an assist. If that is his and many others' farewell then it wasn't the shabbiest performance to go out on.

Fully a fully merited Capitals SC player of the season recipient. I'm only speculating of course but I'd imagine the top three for PoTY would be Fully, Schultz and Vorobyev in no particular order for most fans.

We've come up short despite having a more than capable roster. That and the lack of consistency has been the primary frustration. But with an expanded league next year, interested to see firstly how many of this year's squad stick around and, secondly, how we shape up come September.

+Quote Post
coloradoflyer
post Mar 28 2017, 07:09
Post #3

Junior
Group Icon

Group: SNL
Member No.: 3,636

and the one thing about those 2 teams if they keep the brits they have just now they have all or mostly played elite hockey

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2017 - 06:11