IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Capitals v Giants (31/03/13), Capitals 3 - 4 Giants (Play Off QF 2nd leg)
grazza
post Mar 31 2013, 21:14
Post #21

Junior
Group Icon

Group: Junior
Member No.: 2,401

Thanks Caps, going to the hockey every week is the highlight of my week. A lot of pride has come back to the organisation and with Richard at the helm some stability. As much as we all like to criticize the league it has really stepped up this season with the new conference system and the league would be much weaker if it were to lose any of the current 10, would be nice to see more teams join but only if they can compete. in terms of recruitment yes it makes sense to hold off in a couple signings till near the last minute but having a full set of imports from day 1 could be a major boost and give us that extra win or two that can decide conference/play off positions and more people will turnout if the team is doing well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bob
post Mar 31 2013, 21:27
Post #22

Junior
Group Icon

Group: SNL
Member No.: 93

Thoroughly entertaining game tonight, with some great hockey.
If you remove the couple of give-aways from poor clearances and the Caps had won by two goals, then they would have been very worthy winners.
Fantastic pressure from Martin (?) to force the 1st goal.
Edinburgh played much more as team than Belfast did.
Great effort all around, with everyone playing their part.
Hopefully the quality of this team (and its coaching) is a good platform on which to build for next season.

+Quote Post
Borders-racer
post Mar 31 2013, 21:46
Post #23

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,465

From a 30 years plus at Murrayfield hockey fan - great game and great season....thanks to Richard and the team. Season ticket purchased for next year!
One request of the Caps TV team who have done a cracking job - next time you interview Dave Simms ask him what his views are on sustainable hockey (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ... Well done to Scott for helping to achieve success within budget.... unlike other clubs which seem to take the phoenix option without being penalised. Well done to all at Caps!
Sorry it's not totally match related but it puts the team's success in perspective!

+Quote Post
biffy
post Mar 31 2013, 22:14
Post #24

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,476

What a cracking game tonight.... both teams playing hard and going for it. We came up a wee touch short in what was a 2 goal aggregate in reality but tonight i am a VERY VERY PROUD CAPS fan. We have come such a long way in the last 2 seasons , its remarkable really in truth.

Some of the players may return , some wont but ALL OF THEM deserve huge credit and massive thanks for giving us the standard of hockey we have witnessed this season. I hope we can have a full team ready for the start of next , no imports missing , if we can hit the ground running from the 1st drop of the puck next season we can do even better!!!

Only down side tonight (other than the result) was the officials , it was just embarrassing to watch blatant penalties happening right in front of him and he just ignored them.... they were out there depth tonight which is worrying. The league needs to look at the standards and we get Wilson way to much.

Hope Belfast or Cardiff win the whole deal but thanks Coventry for dumping the Squeelers and there anti hockey cheap shots tactics out the playoffs!! FAB!!!

Cant wait for the September!!!!

Biffy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
Arthur Chance
post Apr 1 2013, 08:19
Post #25

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,297

QUOTE (biffy @ Mar 31 2013, 23:14 ) *
What a cracking game tonight.... both teams playing hard and going for it. We came up a wee touch short in what was a 2 goal aggregate in reality but tonight i am a VERY VERY PROUD CAPS fan. We have come such a long way in the last 2 seasons , its remarkable really in truth.

Some of the players may return , some wont but ALL OF THEM deserve huge credit and massive thanks for giving us the standard of hockey we have witnessed this season. I hope we can have a full team ready for the start of next , no imports missing , if we can hit the ground running from the 1st drop of the puck next season we can do even better!!!

Only down side tonight (other than the result) was the officials , it was just embarrassing to watch blatant penalties happening right in front of him and he just ignored them.... they were out there depth tonight which is worrying. The league needs to look at the standards and we get Wilson way to much.

Hope Cardiff win the whole deal but thanks Coventry for dumping the Squeelers and there anti hockey cheap shots tactics out the playoffs!! FAB!!!

Cant wait for the September!!!!

+1

Agree with Biffy again! Great game last night, boys done their best. Thanks to everyone on Caps team for this season.

Cardiff...or Cov to win play-offs for me though. Can't stand any of the Big three.

Neil Wilson.....The league need to look into whether this guy is good enough to referee in an Elite league. Every weekend on every Scottish teams boards he seems to get blamed for ruining the game.

+Quote Post
Arthur Chance
post Apr 1 2013, 08:26
Post #26

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,297

QUOTE (JJPT @ Mar 31 2013, 21:26 ) *
+1

Felt sorry for Portwood, a couple of daft errors which lead to goals but he is a quality player and has been all season, shame he was injured at the start of the season.

The reffing was poor tonight, really frustrating.

I hope we can secure Portwood, Patry and Hiadlovsky for next season.

All in all I am proud to be a Caps fan, to leave Belfast 3-1 down, I'd take that any day. To get beat by the Giants 4-3 in the fridge, 1 being an empty netter, I'd take that any day too. Just a shame that we were playing against the Giants & 3 officials for the most part.

Gutted the season is over.

Yes indeed. We have some good players this season. Would be happy to see a good 6 or 7 of them back in September.

Also a very happy Caps fan who can't wait for next season to start.

+Quote Post
cap8
post Apr 1 2013, 12:17
Post #27

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,378

Great game to end a great season. A couple of individual errors cost us dearly but every single player gave it 110% in the last 4 months of the season and i can't really fault anyone.

All the imports have been outstanding this year but i think there are 3 that stood out to me for there hard work every night, and there will to win. The three i am talking about are Hiadlovsky, Patry and Dobron. They guys kept us tight at the back night in night out, gave us a chance to win games we shouldn't be winning, and played a tone of minutes. The D-men must
Be two of the fittest players we have ever had, considering the ice time they got and they still joined the rush on every chance. I hope they come back but if not, good luck in the future.

We now know what we need to do next year. Win the conference!!

+Quote Post
oldtimer
post Apr 1 2013, 12:46
Post #28

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 85

This has to be the best Caps season so far in terms of player quality. Richard has done a great job with the players and they all seem to have bought into his system. As usual I doubt we will have all the same imports for next season but you never know Richard and Scott with their contacts could bring in better players than the ones leaving.
The improvement in the Brits has been excellent and well done to them for their obvious hard work over the season. I suppose we will have to wait until nearer to the start of next season before we know who will be wearing the Caps jersey but a signing or two during the summer would keep interest alive until September.

The players have proved they can live with the bets the league has to offer and with a few tweaks wqe may well go on to better things next season.

+Quote Post
racerkel
post Apr 1 2013, 13:34
Post #29

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

Yes I agree it may be September before we know who's playing but I'm buying a season ticket before the end of April on the assumption that we will have ALL our imports in place for the first game . I suspect I'm not alone in that expectation.

+Quote Post
NEIL66
post Apr 1 2013, 15:49
Post #30

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,737

QUOTE (racerkel @ Apr 1 2013, 14:34 ) *
Yes I agree it may be September before we know who's playing but I'm buying a season ticket before the end of April on the assumption that we will have ALL our imports in place for the first game . I suspect I'm not alone in that expectation.

Totally agree......it's been a great season and I've done exactly the same re renewing season ticket and hope to hear a positive trickle of signing news over the summer.

+Quote Post
NEIL66
post Apr 1 2013, 15:52
Post #31

Junior
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,737

QUOTE (hipcheck @ Mar 31 2013, 22:01 ) *
Caps were unlucky the ref was abysmal
Although I do not think it had a great bearing on the game
That ref is incapable of keeping up with the game by the time
He gets to one end of the rink the play had switched to other
He also did not consult with linesmen.
Back to the game
As I said we were unlucky some sloppy mistakes cost us
Although I do feel the line of Ren? Curtis and Richard
Have not been as clinical of late . Could be richard not shrugged
Of injury but tonight especially it did not click
Ren? just did not seem in the game at all .
But what a great season of hockey we have had . Tonite
Especially half as many bums on seats as last week
But ten times the atmosphere . Going to be a long summer
If we build on This I cannot wait for next season
For me Dobron port wood must defo
Stay . Dobron best D man in league for me
Think Tomas will move in and already heard Ren? is not returning
Thanks caps if nothing else it is been a roller coaster
Caps get goal chopped off last night
Then fife get two chopped ( mmm )
Wonder if there is a conspiracy theory out there
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+1 from me Pete.....Portwood, Dobron and Tomas would be a great base for a team for next year especially with Richard and Curtis having already signed up.

+Quote Post
ScottishLeaf
post Apr 1 2013, 17:42
Post #32

EPL
Group Icon

Group: EIHL
Member No.: 7

It's been a great season, though I wouldn't go as far as to say this is the best Caps side ever. The team the year after Cingel first came over with Krajicek, Kudrna, Lynch, Saul, Kaye, Hand and co still rank as the best team in my book..... But this one isn't far behind and what a starting point for next season it would be of we could most of these players together. If we had started this season the way we played after signing Brent and Curtis, we would've won our conference easily. The feeling I have now is one of 'what if?' What if we had Patry and Lienweber from the word go? What if had a better derby record this season? What if were not the only team without a winning record against Hull? What if even a 100 more fans came each week?
However I am comforted in the thought that to even have these thoughts is a massive improvement on the previous couple of campaigns, Where the season was done by Christmas.

The Giants were just that little bit better than us over the two legs and although we pushed them really hard, the best team won in the end. Who knows with a little more luck in front of goal, we may have pinched it cause we did create chances.

So for once I'll head to the playoff weekend head held high, knowing Belfast had to battle hard to beat us and that we are Scotland's Original And Best Elite Ice Hockey team... Back by an EIHL table that says that too.

The future's bright once more, the future's Capital.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 22:33